Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THANKful

So I am sitting here at work, after working a twelve hour shift.. going on thirteen. I began to feel cranky and sooo done with the day. Then a rosy cheeked client came in, who had walked here from about 8 miles away, gave me the biggest smile and said "HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOMORROW!!" It immediately brightened my day and asked her what she was doing for Thanksgiving. She said that she hadn't seen her daughter in 12 years and she got to see her and her three little kids tomorrow.... HOLY COW was THAT a wake-up call?? YES! I feel so sad that it took talking to a person who basically has nothing and still lives and loves their life to the fullest to remind me how WONDERFUL my life is. Especially the fact that I GET to work a thirteen hour shift when so many people are unemployed right now. I am one incredibly blessed girl! In spirit of the season and in spirit of having a wonderful experience tonight I was to list off just a few of the MILLION blessings that I have that I am thankful for. 1. My incredibly, amazing, practically perfect in every way, husband who I love with ALL OF MY HEART and I keep falling in love with every day. Man oh man I love him. I could go on for days about this but to save you the trouble today... I will save that for another day :)
2. My incredible mom. I know.. I know favoritism :) she is extra special because she gets her own number. This year has brought me so close to my mom. She is my best friend (Besides my sweet AJ of course) and I honestly do not know what I woud do without her. She is the BEST, most incredible example to me and I love her with all of my heart.
3. My brothers and my dad! I love those boys with all of my heart. They provide constant laughter and I can not picture my life without them. Especially Ty. I LOVE that boy, he brightens my day every time I see him.
4. My AMAZING in laws. Man I love them!! I am one seriously blessed girl. I don't think it is possible for anyone to love their in-laws as much as I love them. Seriously, if you think you do I will gladly battle you to prove you wrong :). They do so much for us and I love being with them so much! I dont know how I ever lived 19 years without them in my life. OF COURSE in this category includes my ADORABLE sister in-laws. Mandi, Ashlee, and Court. I have grown so close to them and they are constantly serving me and brightening my day. It would be impossible to name the times that they have helped me or served me. It has been a year full of lots of tears (of many kinds) and they have been there with me through the best and the worst. I LOVE THEM!!!!
4. Since I am talking about my sweet sister in laws.. Our Thursday craft nights. I love these nights, I always leave there feeling closer to each of them, not to mention LOTS of adorable crafts. This especially help with my not so crafty- AT ALL- self :).
5. AJ's new found job at APPLE!!!  YAY YAY YAY YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! One of the greatest blessings ever.
6. My cute town-home.
7. My JOB!!! I love it.
8. Dental assising school. This new experience that I just fell in love with.
9. Being able to go back to BYU in January and finish my degree so I can teach sweet babies!!! :) I really hope I don't sound creepy here. I swear I just love kids!! So much.
10. Food... I think I am a little TOO Thankful for this. haha
11. My car. I don't even care that there is crack across the windshield and that I have to get it fixed like every month. I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE A CAR!!!!! I don't know how I would get along without it. Man I am spoiled. Thank you mom and dad :).
12. My CUTE nephews!! Gosh, I swear I am the luckies aunt alive because I have THE cutest nephews on the face of this earth. I love those boys with all of my heart. They will turn ANY frown upside down. I just wish they would stop growing up. I hope that I can be half the mothers that Mandi and Ash are. They have the best boys on this earth.
13. I am so so thankful that I will have a niece in March!!! I can not even wait to hold her. She will be aboslutely perfect. I am so thankful for Candice for already being such a sweet mom to this little girl. She has such a great attitude about being sick and tired all the time... please teach me how to be like that when I am pregnant?? :)
14. MY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!!! I am Mrs. Clause... seriously. My sweet husband let me put the decorations up a little earlier than we planned this year. I am so blessed that he deals with my Christmas obsession. Once again I LOVE HIM!!!! I am also so blessed because we got almost all of our decorations for free. My parents, AJ's parents and my Grandma have pretty much provided our whole house with CUTENESS for Christmas. I love it!!! I am so so so beyond grateful for those decorations.
I know that I am missing out on millions and millions of blessings to be thankful for but that was just a few of the ones that bless my life on a daily basis. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! gobble gobble... :)

5 comments:

  1. Whitney, you're right up at the top of my blessing list, too! I felt so uplifted reading this! I want to come see your cute decorations. You should invite us over for some Christmas treats:) OR we could just bring you guys some:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney!!! I loved reading your blog. I think a lot of us forget what we have until it takes someone that doesn't have anything to show you really what you have. Austin and I got to help his Aunt at the homeless shelter last christmas. When I walked in there and saw all those people that didn't have anything be the sweetest people on earth just made me cry. They were so Thankful for this small plate of food because they don't know when they get to eat next. It just made me so grateful that I get to eat at anytime I want everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute sweet post!!! I love when things or people say or do one little thing that makes us realize how lucky we really are!! I am definitely lucky to have such an amazing sister-in-law!!!! Not only for myself but also for my brother!! You two are perfect for each other and we are all so happy you are in our lives now!!! Love you!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet Whitney, Your gratitude for so many precious blessings touches my heart! Thank you for such a tender reminder of how much we truly have been given. Please know that I count YOU as one of my choicest blessings! Thank you for all that you are, and all that you continually do to fill my life with joy! I love you, my wonderful Whitney!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHIT! I'm so thankful for YOU! This post was so beautifully written! Loved spending Thanksgiving with you and hope to see you soon soon soon!

    ReplyDelete